- 1lb ground beef BUY FARM INGREDIENTS HERE!
- 4 large slices of cottage bacon BUY FARM INGREDIENTS HERE!
- 3-4 slices of cheese (I used cheddar) BUY FARM INGREDIENTS HERE!
- 2 TBSP melted butter BUY FARM INGREDIENTS HERE!
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 12 dinner rolls
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine meat, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, creating a flat, even layer in the baking dish.
- Top with bacon.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes, then drain liquid and set meat aside.
- Cut the rolls in half, creating one top layer and one bottom layer.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in the baking dish (use foil to keep bread from sticking to the pan). Add the cheese slices and top it with the meat.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Brush the top layer of rolls with butter and sprinkle sesame seeds. Then place the top layer on the meat and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Cut into 12 servings.
- Enjoy! Go team!
By putting the cheese on the bottom, that frees the top for you to add sauces and toppings if you'd like!
*Cottage bacon is bacon from the shoulder, rather than the belly like "regular" bacon and comes in a larger, round shape - perfect for sandwiches and burgers!