In English it's "Tuscan Soup" and it's so good you'll want to move to Tuscany! This soup ticks every box: warm, rich, hearty, and filling. Keep this sophisticated, no-fuss entrée simple with just a dinner roll because this amazing soup shines all on its own. It will be "amore" at first bite!
- 1lb ground Italian pork sausage BUY FARM INGREDIENTS HERE!
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped BUY FARM INGREDIENTS HERE!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced BUY FARM INGREDIENTS HERE!
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2.5-3lbs baby red potatoes, halved or quartered BUY FARM INGREDIENTS HERE!
- 5oz fresh kale, chopped
- 1.5 cups milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add Italian sausage and cook for 5-7 more minutes until browned.
- Add Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, stir for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add kale and milk, simmer for 5 more minutes until potatoes can be pierced with a fork and kale is just barely tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.