Prep/Cook Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 8
1/2 cup carrots peeled and diced small
1/2 cup celery diced small
1/2 cup onion diced small
1/2 cup beets diced small
1/2 cup patty pan summer squash
1/2 cup sweet corn cut off the cob
2 Tbsp minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
1 four oz can tomato paste
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. In a large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. add the carrots, beets, and celery. Cook for about 3 minutes. DO NOT brown.
2. Then add onion, summer squash, sweet corn, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste and Italian seasoning and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
4. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper as needed.
5. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.