- 2 lb flank steak Skirt steak is also great to use. BUY NOW
- 3 bell peppers, each a different color. I used red, orange, and green. Feel free to swap out one of those for yellow! BUY NOW
- 1 yellow onion BUY NOW
- 8 oz shredded cheese, I used cheddar BUY NOW
- 6-8 warm soft shell tortillas
Divide the following into thirds:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp minced garlic BUY NOW
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 1-1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 black pepper
- 3 pinches of cayenne pepper
- Slice the steak into 1/2 inch strips
- Deseed peppers and chop into long strips
- Slice onion into thin strips
- Place the veggies in a resealable bag, and the steak strips in a separate bag.
- Combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and add equal amounts to each of the two bags, and set the remainder aside to be used later.
- In each bag, be sure the contents are equally coated with the marinade. Set in refrigerator for 1 hour or as much as overnight.
- If using the oven, preheat to 425° and line a sheet pan with foil. Arrange the pan to have the veggies on one side and the meat on the other. Cook for 13-15 minutes, be sure to add the remaining marinade and stir halfway through.
- If grilling, wrap all the ingredients together in foil, including the remaining marinade, and grill on medium high heat for about 6-7 minutes (or desired doneness), flipping halfway.
- Add mixture to a soft shell tortilla, top with cheese, and enjoy!
Grocery shopping made easy! Now you can get all the meat, cheese, and vegetables you need for this recipe at the Barreras Farm Market in Omaha. You can even do your shopping online and pick up in store!