- 1lb ground beef BUY NOW
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
(I used prepackaged tri-color coleslaw blend, which includes carrots)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 16 crescent rolls
- 2 tsp your favorite seasoning blend
(I used salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika)
- 1 egg, beaten - optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. Cook the ground beef with the seasoning
3. Add the cabbage
4. While the meat is cooking, shape the crescent dough into rectangles using two crescents pressed together.
5. Add the shredded cheese layer to the dough.
6. Top the cheese with the beef & cabbage mixture
7. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling, careful not to leave any cracks or holes.
8. Place dough on a greased baking sheet, seam side down
9. Optional - Brush the beaten egg on the dough for a crisper texture and beautiful golden color.
10. Repeat until all 8 doughy rectangles have been filled and folded.
11. Put in the oven for 12 minutes
This Nebraska state sandwich recipe with our Omaha local ingredients is sure to be a family favorite!