Yield- 4 servings Prep/Cook time- 1 hour 15 minutes.
Garlic- 1 Head
Olive Oil- 1 Tbsp
Potatoes- 2 Pounds, Peeled and 1 inch Diced
Salt- 2 Tsp
Pepper- 2 Tsp
Butter- 5 Tbsp
Heavy Cream- ¾ Cup
Eggs- 4, Beaten
Panko Bread Crumbs- 3 Cups
Oil for Frying
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Slice the top off of the garlic head and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Cover with aluminum foil, place on a cookie sheet and bake for roughly 35 minutes .
4. Remove from the foil and let the garlic cool.
5. Remove the cloves from the head and mash.
6. Place the potatoes in a large stock pot and cover them with cold water. 7. Add salt and boil them until they are fork tender.
7. Drain and mash the potatoes until they are smooth.
8. Melt the butter in the microwave.
9. Add butter, cream, pepper and roasted garlic to the potatoes and mash them all together.
10. Adjust salt if needed.
11. Allow the potatoes to cool completely.
12. Using a small cookie scoop or a spoon, roll out 1 ½ inch balls of mashed potatoes. Roll them tightly using the palm of your hands.
13. Dip the balls into the beaten egg and then roll them in the breadcrumbs until they are coated evenly.
14. Heat frying oil in a pan until the temperature reaches 350 degrees F. 16.Fry the potatoes in the oil in batches so that the temperature of the oil doesn't cool too much.
15. Fry them until they are golden brown on all sides. This will not take long, about 2 minutes.
16. Remove from oil and let drain on some paper towels.
17. Serve with marinara sauce or ranch dressing alongside a juicy burger or a fat steak. Enjoy!