Kids will love making this for the family!
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix**
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 pound ground beef or ground pork
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- (Optional) Additional hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
** Our farm family prefers to use 1 cup cooked white rice instead of a boxed stuffing mix.
- -Preheat oven to 375°.
- -In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix, water, and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- -Add beef and salt in the stuffing mix; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- -Grease the muffin tins and press 1/3 cup mixture into each of 12 greased muffin cups.
- -Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until cooking thermometer reads 160°.
- -Sprinkle tops with cheese; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- -If desired, serve with additional barbecue sauce.