Apple-anna and Bing Cherry Loaf
4 Tbsp + 2 Tsp Butter, room temperature
¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 Cup AP Flour
½ Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp Cinnamon, optional
½ Tsp Salt
1 Large Ripe Banana, mashed
1 Cup Apple, peeled and finely chopped
1 Cup Bing Cherries, pitted and sliced in half
½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Butter the inside of a loaf pan and coat the inside of the pan lightly with a little AP flour. (this butter and flour should not be taken from the quantity needed for the recipe) ● Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add the egg. ● Sift together all of the dry ingredients and beat into the creamed mixture, but do not over beat.
- Add in the banana, apple, vanilla, and cherries.
- Mix until all of the ingredients are just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and tap the pan on the counter until the batter is nice and level in the pan.
- Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean, about 50 minutes to an hour.
- Cool slightly before slicing. Enjoy!
Yield- 1 Loaf
Prep/cook time- 1 hour 25 minutes